Musings of a Damaged Mind

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The past kicked me in the ass


Lets take a trip back to May of 2002. I made one of the most important decisions of my life. I ended the most toxic relationship I have ever had. To put it nicely he took all my money and put it up his nose. That was the final nail in the coffin. I probably should have ended it sooner but I was young and didn’t know any better. I put up with a lot of crap that I probably shouldn’t have. It’s taken me a long time to get over all the things that happened between he and I. As a matter of fact I’m still not over everything but I’m working on that. The reason I bring this up is because I saw him yesterday. I was sitting with some friends at Diedrichs having an iced tea when he walked by. I’ve often wondered what I would do if I saw him again. Apparently my eyes get real big and all the color drains from my face. What I really wanted to do was tell him that I thought his sunglasses went well with his coke habit and then tell him to keep walking. It’s surprising to me that he is still alive. I guess I still harbor a lot of resentment towards him. I have come a long way in the last 4 years but I know that I have to deal with my past in order to have a livable future. It’s just so fucking hard.

(P.S. He REALLY looked like shit)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    Hooray for the P.S.! :) It is really hard. My ex and I broke up in 1993 because his friends didn't like me (hard to believe, right? I was a different person then). Yet when he and his extra long-term came to see a play I did back in 2001 I completely melted seeing him again and I hated and was okay with myself for feeling that way. Hated that he still had that kinda of sway over me and was okay because it meant that I hadn't gone comely cold, stone heart on the world. I see him on occasion and actually act like a real person around him now. It's nice.

    P.S. Nice new template. They are rolling out Blogger Beta soon and will have some new features and new templates.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Daniel McAneny said…

    Thanks Howard.

    Yay for the new templates and such!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home