Musings of a Damaged Mind

Friday, August 18, 2006

Name that tune Meme!

I found this meme on my friend Howard's website and thought it was fun. I'm going to restart iTunes and put the first few lines of the next 25 songs that play. Without resorting to an Internet search engine, can you guess the song and the artist? As people get them right, I'll mark them out, add the title and artist, and give credit to whomever got it. Try to resisting cheating now. Ready? Here we go!

1. A valentine from a politician. Three pages of your dog's ambition.


2. Hey little sister what have you done? Hey little sister who’s the only one?
White Wedding - Billy Idol, Howard

3. Racey days. Help me through the hopeless haze, But my oh my.


4. Pay attention my love ‘cause it’s over. At the tip of my tongue is the price you weren’t willing to pay.


5. What did you do? What did you say? Did ya walk or did ya run away?


6. If it keeps on rainin’ the levees gonna break.


7. Don't say what you mean. You might spoil your face. If you walk in the crowd.


8. I went through the automatic doors. My shopping cart ran into hers.


9. Well I’m a sucker for some pretty eyes. They’re goin’ home with some other boy tonight.


10. My Girl’s mad at me. I didn’t wanna see the film tonight. I found it hard to say.


11. If you don’t want to fight. Just want a piece of your life. Oh, if you come out to play.


12. Every days a funeral when I’m with you. When I’m with you.


13. I echoed steps I walked across an empty dream. I looked across this world.


14. When you’re dying - giving a hope. Living for smoking dope.


15. God knows I’ve tried. I’ve waited in spite of myself. There’s nothing I need to hide.


16. Walk out into velvet. Nothing more to say. You’re my favorite moment.
Number 1 - Goldfrapp, Howard

17. I heard about your mom and dad. Oh, I feel so bad. It wasn’t fair to you.


18. I was starin’ out the window. The whole time you was talkin’ to me.


19. We have one chance. One chance to get everything right.


20. Here. The future is ever so near. Why should we all be alone?

21. That cry baby son of a bitch. No talent motherfucker. Bastard ass dickhead.


22. Whoops, I OD’d. Shortness of breath. Call ambulance.


23. Nothing can compare. Two weeks I stared. Hands, hand tied.


24. You were young and your heart was an open book. You used to say live and let live.
Live and Let Die - Guns and Roses, Howard

25. Hope there’s someone who will take care of me. When I die, will I go?

5 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    Ooo! #2 - White Wedding - (wait, wasn't this redone? I'm going to say anyway, ) Billy Idol.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    OMG! #16 is my absolute favorite Goldfrapp song! It's my Number 1 song by them.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    Okay, one more and I have to get to work! #24 is one of my favorite Bond themes. Live And Let Die - Paul McCartney & Wings. (See how I got the Wings part? Huh? I'm a dork!)

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    I actually went to back to see if you had snuck in "Goodbye Horses" by Q. Lazzarus in there. :) Did you know that the song is sung by a black woman. Had no clue. Thought it was some new wave white guy. :)

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Daniel McAneny said…

    Actually #24 is the Guns and Roses Version

     

Post a Comment

<< Home